Monday, June 29, 2009

Ricardo's.....more like Retardo's....zing!!!

Okay, so I fell behind a bit here with a busy week last week, but on Monday Clayton and I went to Ricardo's for lunch. It wasn't a complete wash, but I was definitely disappointed....a face I wear well.

The ambiance was nice, lots of sun and a fountain in the center and there's a very cheap lunch buffet, which I didn't take part in, but I suspect would have been tasty. However, in an effort to eat healthier, I avoided the challenge to put as much food in my face as possible.

The first thing that threw me off was the waitress. She comes to the table and I ask her how she's doing and she says "grateful and thankful", which....ummm...yeah, do I even need to say anything about this? I think it speaks for itself. I will say I was grateful and thankful when she finally brought the damn check, but I'm getting ahead of myself.

I ordered the Pollo Ricardo, which was pretty tasty. Grilled chicken breast in a wine sauce with tomatoes and avocado on top. I swear the menu said it came with rice and beans, but it just had rice and some vegetables along with a mound of pico de gallo. The chicken was good, the rice was pretty tasty, but the vegetables were some of the worst I've ever had if not THE worst. I mean, how do you even mess up broccoli? I didn't think that was possible. Both the broccoli and the carrots tasted like dirty dishwater with a nice metallic finish. Somehow they managed to remove the natural flavor of the vegetable and replace it with the taste of the pot they cooked it in with a splash of restaurant dishwasher. Ugh. It was terrible.

One surprising thing to their credit was they had some of the best french fries I've ever had. Clayton got some with his pulled pork sandwich that I stole and damn were they delicious! Also, there was another oddity in that the first glass of water was great, but the refill was all fluoridated and gross.

My guess is if you stick to the buffet or classic mexican food....with french fries, then this place is okay, but I wasn't very impressed with my meal.


thankful and grateful - 1 shitburger
fluoridated water - 3 shitburgers
terrible vegetables - 5 shitburgers
long wait for the check - 2 shitburgers

Grand total: 11 shitburgers

No comments:

Post a Comment